Sunday 14 February 2010

Day 8-9

It's starting to get a bit too quiet here. The baby has really taken to this while formula thing and she's feeding well, sleeping reasonably well and pooing like a champion! Mummy got a bit concerned yesterday that the baby was pooing a bit too much and might have a lactose intolerance but the midwives told her that it's probably not a problem but to keep an eye on how things progress.
We're gradually increasing the amount of formula that we give the baby and dreaming of the day when she can go 4 hours between feeds so we only have to get up once in the middle of the night. Speaking of which, I had the 3am feeding this morning. I changed the baby first to wake her up, fed her and put her back to bed. Well that all seemed too easy. She started crying almost as soon as I got back into bed so I went and picked her up to try and get her to sleep. About 5 minutes later I put her back down and as soon as I got into bed we heard a loud squelchy fart. So I had to get up again and change her. Then the nappy bin was full so I had to change that too. All in all it took about an hour and half or more to do the feed in the small hours this morning so I was not amused.
She is cute though, our little poop factory.

No comments:

Post a Comment