Thursday 18 February 2010

Day 13

Today we took the baby into town to be registered. She was very well behaved giving mommy another chance to try out the pram before I go back to work. As it was raining we had a chance to get the pram in and out of the car as well which was a bit of a struggle. Given our car isn't exactly small the boot space does leave something to be desired. Anyway we managed it and the baby only woke up when we put her in the car to come home. I had to stop to register with the local doctors on the way home so I had to leave mommy in the car trying to keep the hungry baby amused whilst I filled in endless forms.
Mommy has been reading a book which suggests that formula fed babies are easy to overfeed. It's difficult to know if we're falling into this trap as we've been advised to just feed her whenever she asks for it as she's so small. We've been doing that but we tried her with a dummy yesterday evening and she actually seemed just as happy to have that instead of being fed an hour after her last feed. I think the dummy may be the way to go before we fall into the trap of overfeeding. She is gaining weight nicely and as long as that continues we won't worry too much one way or the other I think.
Meanwhile, work on the house is getting near to completion. I've emptied all of the boxes in my study and I just need to build some storage to put it all in now. Otherwise I think it's just getting the snagging bits of painting done and the odd curtain pole or two and I can call it a day until the weather picks up and I can start doing stuff outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment