Sunday 21 March 2010

Day 38-44

These weeks are flying by now as we get settled into a routine, although I can hear screaming so I guess someones hungry or craving attention! I don't seem to have been around much this weekend, Saturday I was busy putting together furniture for my study and Sunday I was out at diving lectures and busy putting together furniture for my office. It's all done now which is nice but it does mean that I haven't been around as much as I should have been and I've had to leave mommy to deal with everything.


Only a couple of events to note this week really, firstly the baby went for a checkup with the health visitor this week. Everything was fine, mommy just wanted to make sure that we're ok to leave her if she's screaming in the night after being fed. The only trouble was that the weighed her and she's a bit porky. It seems that over the last couple of weeks she's gained a bit more weight than she was supposed to so they've advised us to give her water if she seems hungry between feeds and to not increase the amount in her feed any further. We've also switched to hungry baby formula for the night feeds which should help with the first problem as well.


The other event was that we bought a new video camera this week so I'm expecting to have to sift through hours of video footage to find the few gems that we can screen on her 21st birthday for maximum embarassement! Otherwise we continue to struggle with getting the baby to sleep through the night. I've abandoned the idea for now, she was just teasing us with that one-off a few weeks ago. We're trying to get her to go consistently until 4am now which would be good if it happens. We're not doing too badly on that score at the moment so fingers crossed.


This week is mommys birthday so we're going out for the evening. Nanny D is going to be looking after the little one and has even volunteered to keep her overnight, the fool, so we should get one good nights sleep this week!




No comments:

Post a Comment