Thursday 4 March 2010

Day 25-28

So I think that posting just once for the whole work week is probably not going to work for my memory so I'll try and post more regularly if possible. This week I've been designing some shelves and storage for my study so I get home from work, eat and then disappear up to the study to measure, think and draw. This has worked pretty well so far and I think I'm more or less ready to build. It does mean that I don't see much of baby in the evening though. I always come downstairs to feed her in the evening once she's woken up but that might mean that I spend an hour or two with her a night. Anyway, that's finished for now so tonight it should be back to business as usual.

Wednesday was the first time I gave the baby a bath rather than being the assistant. It went reasonably well with no casualties on either side. I was a bit unpopular with the baby for a little while but once I started to feed her she was ok with me again. On that note, we've been giving her water to help prevent constipation. She really hates the water which is quite funny to watch. She greedily takes the bottle in and sucks a few times before she realises that this isn't formula. Then she tries to squirm away from it but even while she's squirming she's so greedy that she can't stop herself from sucking on the bottle. We have been advised to add some sugar to the water if she has continued trouble in that direction. When we do add sugar then she seems much happier to drink it so I guess she's got a sweet tooth or a sweet gum at the moment.



On Tuesday we sat down to watch the TV and whilst I was feeding the baby she managed to throw up over the sofa again so we had to pause it so we could strip the sofa down again and get it clean. Maybe we should just use a tarpaulin when we feed her instead of the muslin squares?

It seems that the 3am feeding is getting more difficult for mommy. The last couple of mornings it's taken over an hour each time which is difficult to cope with when you just want to go back to sleep.

We got some more moulding stuff yesterday so we just need to find a chance to put that to use and see if we can get hand and foot moulds of the baby. She'll be a month old on Friday and she's getting big so it would be nice to do it very soon before she gets too big.


No comments:

Post a Comment