Thursday 6 May 2010

Week 11 -12

Pre-empting week 12 a bit here but I guess it's best to write the posts when I get the chance. Week 10 was a pretty normal week. The baby is developing well, she's engaged and looking at everything, taking it all in. We've started putting her in her doorframe bouncer again which she quite enjoys. She hasn't quite got the hang of putting her feet flat on the floor to bounce so she's a bit unsure about it. She tends to stand on one foot, on the side of her foot, and spin herself around with the other foot. There's some occasional bouncing but generally she likes to swing and move in it.
Week 11 was a long weekend  and my 30th Birthday. The baby was very good on Saturday and Sunday and was actually a bit too sleepy for everyone. She's been so sprightly and active that when she just wanted to eat and sleep for the weekend everyone thought that there must be something wrong. She soon recovered and decided that she wanted feeding at 4am instead of 6am on the Monday which was my brithday present from her I think. So after a distinct lack of sleep we managed to get through the day only for her to do the biggest smelliest poo she's ever managed for me in the evening. After that she was back to her normal playful self.
On Tuesday I had to go out to do some training with the compressor for the diving club which got me in big trouble with mummy because the baby had started to teethe. She's been sucking or chewing her hand a lot and dribbling a lot recently but in the afternoon she started to cry and get grizzly. So I was in trouble for leaving mummy with the unhappy baby all evening. As it turned out she slept all the time I was out anyway, the wonders of Calpol.
Since then she's had a few more incidents of teething trouble but she's generally been very good so far. I just hope it lasts when the more painful teeth start to come through a bit later on. Right now she's fed and gone back to bed for a couple of hours of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment